You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Bluebells’ tag.
Speckled Wood butterfly, behaving exactly as described here.
Very fluttery and quick but I stalked them till they sat still for a moment. The male could be chasing another male or a female, either way they make a wee walk more fun., ‘specially the bit where you lean too far over the edge of the path and nearly slide downhill into the undergrowth… eek!
…one early morning. Not so early and with my coffee and biscuit in one hand and wee camera in the other, and I even had to nip home for a new card and batteries. So please enjoy my hour and a half wander round Castle Hill.
- whins (gorse)…mmm that coconut scent
- broom with their little bean pod shapes
- may blossom (hawthorn) cast yer cloots if you wish!
- lilacs, unlucky to have in the house?
- field of baby ferns emerging from their dead
- english bluebells drooping grcefully behind a wall
- fern skeleton and new hawthorn blossom, old meets new
- a huge and slightly annoyed bumble bee
- buttercups from my front door – yes it’s meant to be a patch of “weeds”!
- wild turnip, …really?
- baby oak leaves unfurling and looking a soft and shiny