Another nice day and I remembered to toddle to the top of the hill armed with a plastic box. My objective was a gathering of brambles and sure enough the nice big bush I had already photy’d was still covered with good sized fruit. I soon had at least a punnet full and a hand full of scratches/nettle stings and some purple fingers. Later in the day I decided to turn my hand to jam making instead of scoffing the lot in one go. Although not a great jam eater I am still pretty chuffed with the result – only one small pot but that’ll do fine. mmm…. sticky.
I had retreived my box of old salt dough creations of a high shelf and felt inspired! forgetting just how stiff my hands would be after 10 minutes of unaccustomed kneading.
After getting to grips with the methods again after all these years, I managed produced a whole boxful of new items, sore feet (from standing in the kitchen for 5 hours!) and a whole lotta painting to look forward to.
Some initial painting has begun, mainly to try out acrylic paint on the baked dough and to test colour mixes. It took a lot of trials to get a good ginger for these chapz. Still varnishing to look forward to.
Mostly this first baking will be just for testing but I think a few of them, not just gingerbread guyz, might be good enough for putting in the wee shop.
I must learn to pay more attention when I take photos… look what happens when I just snap away.
OK, he is a wee bit skelly eyed and was gobbled up in the next few hours, tasted OK for a first attempt in the new cooker. Future cakes will be a bit smaller, less daunting and no crumbs for the birds!
Finally achieved a new cooker! and some worktop space in my tiny wee kitchen. So pleased. Now the baking has begun!
I really should have done this years ago, yes, I admit it but I can’t force these things, evolution and all that. I promise to keep going with this project and not to get distracted, much.